lördag 6 november 2010

Twice Cooked Belly of Pork.

Today I'm giving English a try to see how it goes and how the feedback is. Ok. Let's do this.


 So I had this nice piece of pork from the farm of Domta close by. It was the belly, and it was already cooked. I sliced it up in not to thin pieces.


Here is where I say "don't put too much in the pan or it will get boiled". But that would have been if I had time. Wich I don't. But it went allright.

So quite a lot of oil and high heat. And I didn't stir to much.


After frying a while I added sliced ginger in syrup (that was all ginger I had, fresh ginger will go well to), garlic and chilies.


 And some plum sauce.


 That went all sizzley and made that extra crisp to the pork.


I took out the pork, but left the excess oil in the pan and put in some already cooked jasmine rice. I fried that, stirring occaisionally.


At the end I mixed in mushroomsoy and a couple of eggs. When the eggs come in contact with the heat you have to stir fast like you do with a carbonara so it becomes mixed and not clumpy.


 I bought this beautiful thai-broccoli at an asian store. I rinsed it and separated the thicker stems because of the different cooking time.


 So I started with the stems in hot oil..


 Then the leaves turning them around until perfect, ending with some more mushroomsoy and oystersauce.


This was the dish of the month. I couldn't stop eating. It was truly amazing. Crispy tasty pork with amazingly good rice (tasty enough to eat by it's self) and nice, crunchy,  salty greens.

3 kommentarer: