fredag 12 november 2010

Kvällens Middag: Tin foil Baked Salmon with Sofrito-Pasta


 So I had these nice size portion pieces of salmon from work. I decided to bake them in the oven in tin foil for a nice taste. I put them in packages and topped them with some herbs such as thyme, parsley and basil. Also slices of lemon-peel (without the white part), a slice of peeled lemon, salt, pepper, butter, oliveoil and some chiffonade of limeleaves.


 It took about 20 minutes in the oven and I checked by being able to go through the hole fish with a bamboo stick without any resistance.



 For the sofrito-pasta (wich i came up with while doing it) I melted some butter and oliveoil.


Then I fried of some onion, both red and white finely cut.



Kind of important is not to give the onion any color. So when it became shiny and sweet I added some thyme and oregano.


 And then I cut up some tomato. If you can't cut a tomato after this picture you are a bad person.



So I added the tomato and some salt and pepper. But swedish tomatoes (that come from holland) don't taste more than a piece of cheap paper.


So I added some tinned crushed tomatoes and a pinch of sugar. And i couldn't control my hands from giving a splash of cream. Just a little. No one is looking.


Then I tossed that around with some pasta and just a couple of tablespoons of the pastawater. That helps everything come around and get more creamy. Topped that of with parmesan.


See that juice all around the fish? That was so tasty! All lemony-buttery-fishy. Yumyum, and what I didn't expect was that the pasta really went well with the lemonsauce. It almost wasn't good without dipping in it first. Beautiful.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar