torsdag 2 december 2010

How to do: Flying Jacob.

So, here is a recipe for anyone that is not Swedish. You can't really say that this is a classic Swedish dish, although a lot of people cook it. Let's say it's a modern classic.


So what you need is this:

Chicken (the original is bought rotiseur-chicken. You can find that in supermarkets in Sweden)
Bacon (this one pre-fried)
Bananas
Cream
Peanuts

Ok, maybe you are thinking "no, I'm not continuing reading this because my name isn't Elvis". BUT! The combination is really good!. At least that's what I think. Many agree and some few (strange people) disagree.
Anyhow, let's do this.


I made a quick rub with some dried herbs like thyme, paprika, rosemary, yellow curry, a pinch of sugar and of course salt&pepper. The idea was to imitate the taste of roasted chicken. A little.


I fried of the chicken all sliced up with some onion and the spices. 


In a big oven-tray and started layering. Chicken first.


Then banana.


Peanuts.


Bacon.


 I whipped the cream thicker. You are supposed to add a ketchupy-similar sauce called chilisauce, but I din't have that so I added srirasha, tabasco and plumsauce.


A nice layer over. 


Ah un grataín!


Seriously, I think it's a really nice dish. The cream becomes a nice sauce and it's crunchy, sweet, salty. It's got it all :)

Be brave and try it!
Bless.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar