söndag 24 april 2011

Porterstek.

So this is a Swedish dish that is delish :) There is a classic recipe that is quite easy to follow but I didn't have the effort to look after it so I just went along in a way that I though was nice.


I had a piece of rump steak (i guess?) and with that I would boil some potato, leek, carrot and onion. As for spices I had some allspice, black and white pepper, bayleaf, thyme and caraway seeds. 


 The whole idea of making this dish was that I had a bottle of porter over that somebody brought for Christmas. That is kind of the important ingredient.

 

So I started by searing the seasoned meat in high heat all around.


Then I took it of and added the onions with a bit of sugar to caramelize. After that I added the rest of the ingredients.


Also the meat, beer and some beef stock. I let it cook for about 25-30 minutes until the temperature of the meat was about 60ºC in the middle. Then it cooled down and was in the fridge until the day after. 


Day 2 I started by browning some plain flour..


and when it got the right color I had some nobs of butter and worked it around to a paste. 


Little by little I whisked in the beautifuly flavoured stock from the day before and let it cook for about 5-10 minutes until the taste of flour was gone. Then I added the rest except for the meat and let it cook toghether. For extra flavour and correct salt taste I had some soy into it too. 


The meat was sliced A.T.A.P (as thin as possible) and layered onto a warm tray.


And then the veggies and sauce on top really warm. Some fresh parsley for garnish and some stale bread for dipping.
This was a real succes and the leeks specially were really sweet and tasty. Next time there will be much more leeks. Enjoy!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar